Things I did with my 40% time today
- fixed the Befaco VC ADSR
- the embarrassing cause of it’s not-workingness was that (again) I’d forgotten to solder some of the front panel connectors :-/
- now the trigger button correctly launches the full Attack-Decay-Sustain-Release cycle
- had the realisation that a VCO and this ADSR is not enough to shape sound - the ADSR is generating an envelope control signal that something else must apply to the audio path. That something is a VCA. So there’s another item for the shopping list.
- worked on a sax quartet arrangement of ‘A Walk to Strumble Head’ by Gareth Balch
- this is a lovely piano piece set by Trinity College London for Grade 5, which Oscar is now working on (here’s a piano rendition of it. In my opinion it’s a bit fast.)
- made a scratch recording of my arrangement. I’ve not played alto or soprano sax for ages and am struggling a bit with tuning. Maybe I’ll put it on Soundcloud anyway…
- one day we’ll go back to Wales and maybe try the walk!
- mended the rear-wheel puncture on Oscar’s bike, an easy one this time
Things I didn’t get round to doing today
- giving the fishies a water change. Getting urgent now!
- doing any yoga/headspace :(
- getting the accounts up-to-date. Dull but important.